At the conclusion of the Surviving R. Kelly docuseries—actually after episode 1—many were asking, “How is he not in jail?” Those hoping the R&B crooner and alleged sexual abuser get his proper comeuppance have gotten new hope since he is now officially under criminal investigation in Georgia.
According to TMZ, the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into the allegations that were made against the singer in the documentary. Via first-hand accounts, multiple women detailed being held by Kelly in horrifying conditions in his Georgia home.
Investigators have reportedly reached out to several of the survivors, including Asante McGee, a woman who per her account had enough and managed to leave Kelly’s clutches. In the documentary, McGee returns to the now vacant home and the experience is traumatic, to say the least. Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted.
Also, word is that Chicago will also begin investigating.
Here’s hoping that justice is finally served—sooner than later.
- CBUS 411 Report: Use This App To Get Your Snow Shoveled!
- Doin’ The Most Report: Future Says Russell Wilson Is ‘Not A Man’
- Shaun King Speaks Out In Radio Interview: ‘If You Posted A Lie That Does Me Harm, This Is The Way We’ll Respond’
- Hip-Hop Spot: Migos Almost Performed For The Super Bowl, Common Speaks Out About Travis Scott & More
- Soulja Boy Trends & Trump Dishes Chump Change: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Gary’s Tea: Mariah Carey Sues Former Assistant For Allegedly Stealing, Trina Wants To Have A Baby & More
- Choreographer Anthony Burrell Explains How Mariah Carey’s New Year’s Eve Flub Pushed Him To Open His Dance Center
- Government Shutdown Affecting Your Food Assistance
- Is There A Such Thing As A “Baby Cougar”
- 101.1 WIZF x College Beats Presents: Freestyle Friday with DJ J.Dough Feat. @Allen4President Ep.25
R. Kelly Under Criminal Investigation Thanks To ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ Docuseries was originally published on hiphopwired.com