R. Kelly is being criminally investigated in Georgia — and it’s all because of Lifetime’s docuseries … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the case tell us the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into allegations made against the singer in “Surviving R. Kelly.” We’re told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what ‘Surviving’ depicted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
We’re told investigators have been reaching out to several survivors featured in the TV project. We have confirmed investigators reached out to Asante McGee, one of the women who escaped R. Kelly’s home.
The attorney for Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted and has been speaking to investigators.
We’re told investigators have been asking for contact information from others who have lived in Kelly’s former Atlanta home or have direct knowledge of what happened in the home.
We’re told investigators were flooded with calls once the docuseries aired.
The D.A. is not commenting.
- This Week’s Vitamins: “You Can’t Start The Next Chapter Of Your Life If You Keep Re-Reading The Last One” + More
- Is It Ok To Put Your Friendships On Pause During The Pandemic?
- JAY-Z Announces His First Cannabis Brand, MONOGRAM
- A$AP Ferg Says He Can’t Be Kicked Out Of A$AP Mob, Likens The Group To The Mafia [Video]
- How Lena Waithe And Elle Lorraine Learned To Redefine ‘Bad Hair’
- Reebok Classics Dropping A ‘Ghostbusters’ Capsule Collection [Photos]
- Amber Rose Blasts Op Kanye West, Calls Him A “Narcissist” & “Bully”
- Bubba Wallace Announces He Will Be Behind The Wheel of Michael Jordan’s No.23 Racing Car
- Win Tickets to See Bone Thugs N Harmony & Twista At The Drive In Concert
- Kristen Welker Wins Final Presidential Debate As Moderator Is Praised For Her Performance
R. KELLY UNDER CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION … ‘Surviving’ Spurs Probe was originally published on wiznation.com