All month long we are honoring people in the Columbus metro that are Representing Change as Future History Maker. But we need your help! Nominate someone below that you see making a big difference and they could be featured for Black History Month!
- Chris Brown Gets Florida Battery Charges Involving Photographer Dropped
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Have Reportedly Broken Up
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Matrix 4’ Has Officially Been Green Lit With Lana Wachowski Directing
- Body Found Inside Car Parked in Dublins McDonalds lot
- Vaping Linked to 94 Mysterious Cases of Severe Lung Disease
- ‘The Proud Family’ Might Return & These Updated Character Designs Reflect Nearly 20 Years Of Flyness
- Jidenna Is Looking For A Wife And These Hunky Pics Prove He’s Hubby Material
- Lewk Of The Week: Teyana Taylor & Iman Shumpert Are Giving Us Serious 60s Pool Party Vibes
- Lawyers In The Botham Jean Murder Trial Won’t Refer To Amber Guyger’s ‘Employment Status’: Report
- YFN Lucci and Young Thug’s Beef Just Got Real REAL!
Represent Change Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Represent Change” contest (“Contest”) will begin on February 5, 2019 and end on February 16, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Six (6) individuals in our community will be recognized as Representing Change. Each honoree will receive an invitation to the 2019 Represent Change VIP Reception at Avalon Lounge on Thursday, February 28, 2019, and a certificate of appreciation. The six (6) honorees will be featured on all three (3) of the below-listed station websites, and receive a custom plaque (ARV $50). See below for further details.
HOW TO ENTER / EXECUTION:
Listeners of WCKX-FM, WJYD-FM, and WXMG-FM (the “Stations”) who are legal residents of the United States residing within the Columbus, Ohio metropolitan area, and are 18 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
2. Upon entering the Station’s website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions on the registration form, and include a brief statement of 250 words or less, with the reason why they believe the nominee is Representing Change, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance for the nominee to win.
3. After completing the registration process, qualified nominees will be eligible for a chance to win.
4. All Internet entries must be received by 11:59pm local time on February 16, 2019, or they will be void.
5. One entry per person per day per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
7. Entries will be reviewed and judged by Station personnel. At the sole discretion of Station personnel, the best submissions will be selected as winners from among all eligible entries received electronically.
8. The six (6) winners will be notified by phone and / or email and announced on-air on February 18, 2019.
9. After the judging panel, comprised of Station personnel, has made its selections and before any honoree’s name, information, photograph, audio / video interview material is posted online, each honoree must sign and submit a release form consenting to the publicity and use of the submitted material, their name and information.
10. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
11. Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 350 E. 1st Avenue, Columbus, Ohio, 43201, to claim the Prize.
12. Winners must provide valid identification (e.g. via valid state-issued driver’s license, passport or other government-issued I.D. containing the person’s name, date of birth, and photograph) to claim the prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
13. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by the Station.
14. By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, each participant represents and warrants to be bound by these Official Rules, and that they are authorized to and have the rights to submit the content within the entry.
15. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Station management which will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
• Entries must contain the name of the person being nominated, and a brief statement of 250 words or less about the nominee
• Entries may not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in the Station’s sole discretion
• Entries must be family friendly and not contain lewd or sexual content or references
• Submissions may not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy
• Entries must be produced and solely owned by the participant submitting the entry
• Entries must be unpublished and not have been submitted in other competitions
• Submissions must not contain: unnecessary violence, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), or otherwise assault or threaten others
1. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States residing within the Columbus, OH metropolitan area who are 18 years of age or older as of the commencement date of the Contest.
2. Employees of the Stations, Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd. (“Company”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Columbus, Ohio metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Unless otherwise specified, participants may only win once during this Contest
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Stations within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Stations during any thirty (30) day period.
1. The following prize elements will be awarded to each winner:
An invitation to the 2019 Represent Change VIP Reception at Avalon Lounge on Thursday, February 28, 2019, a certificate of appreciation, a feature on all three Station websites, and a custom plaque (ARV $50)
2. Transportation to and from the event venue, meals, beverages, souvenirs, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner.
3. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
4. Dates and times of concerts, events, trips, and activities promoted by event sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer. The Station is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
5. Prize will not be mailed. Unless otherwise provided, prize must be claimed at the Station’s offices by no later than 5pm on Thursday, February 28, 2019, or the prize will be forfeited.
6. The prize may only be claimed by the actual winner. Friends and family members are not eligible to claim the prize on behalf of the winner.
7. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize element is unavailable.
8. All Contest winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the Prize.
9. The Station, the Company, and its affiliates and promotional partners shall not be liable for any claims made by ineligible entrants.
10. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept the Prize awarded, the winner may be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the Prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest administrator and / or Contest sponsor if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
11. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she may be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
1. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. The Station retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
8. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in these Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
9. The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, internet registration or text entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Contest. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification.
10. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
12. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s, control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
13. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 350 E. 1st Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201.