According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Mississippi Police Officer Charged With Murdering A 32-Year-Old Black Mother
- Brooklyn Honors The Late Notorious B.I.G!!
- Lil Mo Posts Photo On Date With New Man, No More Karl Dargan
- Boyz II Men Coming to Columbus Commons!!
- Nipsey Hussle Daughter Will Remain With The Sister And Not The Mother
- National Strawberries And Cream Day!
- Michael K Williams Tears Up Talking About A Mother’s Love & When They See Us | Extra Butter
- Yo Gotti’s Tour Bus Sprayed With Bullets After Nashville Concert
- NBA YOUNGBOY Remarks After Innocent Bystander Is Fatally Shot
- Robert F. Smith announced to Morehouse College’s class of 2019 he would eliminate the entire class’s student debt