According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- WATCH :: Another Clash In The Kardashian Clan!
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Opening Mental Health Pavilion!
- Protests Looming For Columbus Teachers Following Special Education Restructuring
- Ryan “Pay” Day! Buckeyes Head Coach Gets Extension Through 2026
- LL Cool J Talked Kobe Bryant Out Of Dropping A Gangster Rap Album
- #KobeFarewell: What We Learned From Kobe Bryant’s Memorial [VIDEO]
- Black Icon Living: Meet The Double Amputee Phenom Breaking Major Barriers In Sports
- Trending Topics: Election Update South Carolina & The Kobe Bryant Memorial Recap [VIDEO]
- Morning Motivation: “Sometimes You’re in the Right Place Looking at Things The Wrong Way” [VIDEO]
- Voices: Nicole Bus “Kairos”