Another artist is taking care of their mental health following a rough period.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to TMZ, Britney Spears has recently checked herself into a mental health facility. Sources say she made the decision because of her distraught feelings over her dad’s illness, which is becoming very grave.
Jamie Spears has been having major issues with his intestines and colon resulting in two surgeries already. The second surgery was recent, but her father has still been having complications. Jamie’s problems started late last year after his colon spontaneously ruptured.
Britney put her Las Vegas residency on hold to look after her dad, and sources say she’s been having a difficult time dealing with it all. Britney recently posted words on her Instagram reading, “Fall in love with taking care of yourself, mind, body, spirit” along with the caption, “We all need to take a little time for a little ‘me time.’”
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Sources say Britney checked into the facility about a week ago, and she’ll stay there for 30 days.
Britney put her Vegas show, Britney: Domination, on hold back in November when she announced, “A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We’re all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time.”
Jamie Spears has been instrumental to Britney. Back in 2007, he intervened in her hectic life because he said he feared he would wake up one morning and receive a call from the coroner, according to TMZ.
Prayers up for Jamie and his family.
Celebrities Who’ve Been Open About Their Mental Health Issues
1. Lady Gaga once told Billboard about her depression, “I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life. I just want these kids to know that this modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That’s not human.”Source: 1 of 11
2. Adele once admitted that anxiety attacks keep her from playing large festivals and arenas.Source: 2 of 11
3. Jennifer Lawrence once revealed that she suffered from social anxiety as soon as she started school.Source: 3 of 11
4. Kid Cudi checked himself into rehab in October for depression and suicidal thoughts.Source: 4 of 11
5. Lena Dunham is often open about her anxiety and OCD, once saying, “To those struggling with anxiety, OCD, depression: I know it’s mad annoying when people tell you to exercise, and it took me about 16 medicated years to listen. I’m glad I did.”Source: 5 of 11
6. After a stint in rehab for anorexia, bulimia, and cutting, Demi Lovato discovered that she was manic depressive/bipolar. She told People, “I feel like I am in control now, where for my whole life, I wasn’t in control.”Source: 6 of 11
7. Kanye West reportedly felt suicidal after the death of his mother in 2007.Source: 7 of 11
8. Zayn Malik’s anxiety is often so crippling, it’s caused him to cancel shows.Source: 8 of 11
9. Britney Spears knows a thing or two about social anxiety, saying, “I’m not good in large groups, I just make everything awkward.”Source: 9 of 11
10. The Rock talked to Oprah about his depression, saying, “I wish I had someone at that time who could just pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, it’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay.'”Source: 10 of 11
11. Kerry Washington once spoke about her depression and unhealthy relationship with food and exercise in college, saying, “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health.”Source: 11 of 11
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Cardi B Gives Advice To Fans Battling Depression
- Big Sean Opens Up About His Battle With Depression & Anxiety [VIDEO]
- Taraji Says She Suffers From Depression And Being A Public Figure Has Heightened Her Anxiety