The Boys N Tha Hood director suffered a fatal stroke two weeks ago and was in a medically coma until reports surfaced that he has passed.
Singleton’s family is divided over his estate, TMZ reports. Singleton’s mother Sheila Ward is the conservator over his estate, however his daughter Cleopatra filed a motion in an attempt to gain control over his estate. But the battle isn’t limited to both Singleton’s mother and daughter, his girlfriend is also trying to gain control over his estate.
Conflicting reports about Singleton’s death circulated last week after his daughter reportedly claimed his health was improving in an attempt to gain control out of fear Ward will “fleece” the estate and isolate the children out of their father’s $35 million fortune.
Singleton was the first Black director to be nominated for an Academy Award for his prolific film Boyz n the Hood.
- Who’s Cappin?! Spinderella Goes on Twitter Rant About Salt-N-Pepa Leaving Her Out of Lifetime Biopic [WATCH]
- Dr. Ian Smith Explains What You Need To Know About The Coronavirus Variants & Impact On Vaccines
- Mamba Mentality: Quotes To Live By As We Remember The Great Kobe Bryant
- COVID Sniffing Airport Dogs Coming Soon
- More Pop Smoke Music OTW
- Godiva to Close All US Chocolate Shops Due to Pandemic
- Eminem “Higher,” BRS Kash ft. DaBaby & City Girls “Throat Baby” & More | Daily Visuals 1.25.21
- More Than Music: Jim Jones Says The Diplomats Inspired Lil Wayne’s Fashion Style
- Columbus Native and Gymnast Nia Dennis Stuns With Viral Floor Routine Incorporating Missy Elliott and 2Pac
- What Would Tubman Want: Biden Administration To Expedite Tubman $20 Bill
Legendary Director John Singleton Reportedly Dead At 51 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com