Happy money making Monday! Today is April 29th only one more day till the first of the month. Today the world acknowledges Shrimp Scampi, a delicious dish of shrimp cooked with butter, garlic, lemon juice and white wine. Thanks to national day calendar, you have a recipe below that you can try at home!
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
If you are using frozen raw shrimp, defrost them quickly and safely by putting the shrimp in a large bowl of lightly salted ice water (1 1/2 teaspoons of salt for every quart of water).
We cook the shrimp scampi in butter and olive oil so we can cook at a relatively high heat without burning the butter but still impart the butter flavor.
- 1 pound large (16-20 count) raw shrimp, shelled* and de-veined, (if you want, keep the tail on for an attractive presentation)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp butter
- 3-4 garlic cloves, slivered, or 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (less or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup white wine (I recommend a dry white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice