The weather is getting warmer and like most of us, it’s a time to get out of the house and enjoy the outdoors! For some of us, we don’t like being outside for festivals and sports, maybe you want to do indoor events with your family. Well if you haven’t gotten a Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) then now is the time!
CML and the Gateway Film Center have come together to present From Book To Film this summer. As stated on NBC4i.com, any CML cardholder can see a series of films that were inspired by books free of charge.
From Book to Film screenings run daily at 11am and 2pm at the Gateway Film Center. Admission is free for up to four people with your CML library card. There is also a reading station in the lobby with books provided by CML’s Friends of the Library.
The Gateway Film Center is located at 1550 North High Street.
The 2019 From Book to Film series lineup is as follows:
- May 24-30: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- May 31-June 6: The Princess Bride (1987)
- June 7-13: Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
- June 14-20: Paddington 2 (2017)
- June 21-27: Matilda (1996)
- June 28-July 4: An American Tail (1986)
- July 5-11: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
- July 12-18: Coraline (2009)
- July 19-25: The Neverending Story (1984)
- July 26-Aug 1: Shrek (2001)
- Aug. 2-8: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- Aug. 9-15: Holes (2003)
- Aug. 16-22: Babe (1995)
Columbus Metropolitan Library Cardholders Can Watch Free Movies! was originally published on joycolumbus.com