After a long awaited FOUR years, Revenge of the Dreamers III is here! The album was released Friday, July 5th and has been all the buzz since then. The project follows a ten-day rap camp that took place in Atlanta in January. The camp was hosted by J Cole, Omen, Lute, J.I.D., Ari Lennox, and Earthgang. Over 100 artists attended and brought their lyrics in order to help construct the third portion of the series.
The tracks include various features from Buddy, Smino, Da Baby, Ty Dolla $ign, T.I., Vince Staples, and many others who definitely surprised us all. If you’ve followed the history of J. Cole as an artist, he is one to have rarely any features on his bodies of work so it was super cool to see all of the talent that got to be involved.
Cole told XXL, “It’s like a super-collaborative environment—inviting, welcoming. That’s taken me time to learn, and I’ve just started learning that lesson about four years ago 2014 Forest Hills Drive. Let me listen more. Let me allow people into this world. That came from Bas. Watching Bas work on his first couple albums was inspiring to me ’cause he’s a super-collaborative artist. He’s someone that needs people—the producer, the musician, ideas. I was always from a position like, I don’t need nobody. But that way was only good for so long. It got boring after a while for me. So, watching Bas was really inspiring. It allowed me to be a person that could foster this type of environment for myself and for others, where it’s like, ‘You got an idea, n****? Hell yeah, throw that s*** on there.'”
In all, the project came out lit and has already set the bar for collaborative albums for 2019. We’re looking forward to to seeing what Dreamville will produce moving forward.
Check out the track list below!
1. “Under the Sun” featuring J. Cole, Lute and DaBaby
2. “Down Bad” featuring J.I.D, Bas, J. Cole, EarthGang and Young Nudy
3. “LamboTruck” featuring Cozz, Childish Major and Reason
4. “Swivel” featuring EarthGang
5. “Oh Wow…Swerve” featuring J. Cole, Zoink Gang, Key! and Maxo Kream
6. “Don’t Hit Me Right Now” featuring Bas, Yung Baby Tate, Guapdad 4000, Cozz and Buddy
7. “Wells Fargo (Interlude)” featuring J.I.D., Buddy, EarthGang and Guapdad 4000
8. “Sleep Deprived” featuring Lute, Mez, Omen and Davionne
9. “Self Love” featuring Ari Lennox, Baby Rose and Bas
10. “Ladies, Ladies, Ladies” featuring J.I.D and T.I.
11. “Costa Rica” featuring Reese LaFlare, Bas, Guapdad 4000, Jace, Mex, Smokepurpp, J.I.D., Buddy and Ski Mask The Slump God
12. “1993” featuring Buddy, Smino, Cozz, EarthGang, J.I.D and J. Cole
13. “Rembrandt…Run It Back” featuring J.I.D., J. Cole and Vince Staples
14. “Sunset” featuring J. Cole and Young Nudy
15. “Got Me” featuring Ty Dolla Sign, Ari Lennox, Omen and Dreezy
16. “Middle Child” featuring J. Cole
17. “PTSD” featuring Mereba, Deante Hitchcock, Omen and St. Beauty
18. “Sacrifices” featuring EarthGang, Smino, Saba and J. Cole