CINCINNATI: Despite Governor Mike DeWine ordering the state of Ohio to stay home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a large “block party” like gathering took place in Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine neighborhood behind the Shell gas station near Walnut and Liberty around 2:30 a.m. Saturday, April the 4th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The stay at home order is in place for the entire state of Ohio until May 1st but some Cincinnati residents were on streaming live on social media saying “We don’t give a (expletive) about that this is how we celebrate our Coronoavirus.”. People in the video can be seen standing on cars, dancing, drinking and more before Cincinnati police broke up the gathering. According to WLWT, Cincinnati police said, “We are making every effort to investigate this gathering, as well as the person who created the video that blatantly disregards Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order due to the COVID-19 pandemic,”
No arrest were made, but CPD is saying officers are “exploring various options” for future disciplinary action such as fines or arrest. Cincinnati City Council member posted on his Facebook page that extra security measures are being put in place to keep people safe during the pandemic including temporarily shutting down streets.
- Beyoncé, Drake And House Music History: The Intersection Of Black Music Month And Pride
- Boslen Unleashes Boundary-Pushing EP ‘Gonzo’
- Leiomy, Law Roach and More Step Into the Metaverse ‘Culture Series: PRIDE Unbound’ Discussing Ballroom Culture
- Twitter Reacts to One of the Most Chaotic Verzuz Battles Ever Between Mario & Omarion
- Rev. Al Sharpton Says Roe v. Wade Overturn Will Disproportionately Impact Black People
- Believe The Hype: Bill Cosby’s Sticky Situation, What’s Up With Flights & More
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- HBCU FAMU Marching 100 Performs At Louis Vuitton Men’s SS2023 Show In Paris
- Comcast And Faceforward Productions Bring Docuseries, ‘The Black Beauty Effect’ to Xfinity
- Anika Kai Highlights Her Favorite Products From Morphe’s Making You Blush Collection