Kerry Washington’s longtime on-set hairstylist Linda Villalobos keeps her natural hair looking flawless and her wigs looking like her natural hair! Washington currently stars as Mia Warren in Hulu’s popular series Little Fires Everywhere. Washington brings to life Warren, a single mother with a mysterious background in the series explores the nuances of motherhood with a messy twist. To get into character, Washington puts on a wig and nose ring to transform into Warren.
“Kerry’s natural texture is very similar to her hair in the show, but her on-screen look is a wig,” Villalobos exclusively told Refinery29. “We took inspiration from the Salt-N-Pepa half-bob, but didn’t go to the extreme.”
Villalobos added sun-kissed highlights to Warren’s wig to make it look more realistic. “She wasn’t going to the salon to get her hair done.”
Does Washington’s hair make an appearance on the show at all? Yup. “We actually used Kerry’s natural hair in a montage scene when she was driving with Pearl.”
Washington is no stranger to wearing her real hair on-camera. She made her big acting debut in Save The Last Dance rocking her natural curly fro. The Emmy-nominated actress would also intermittently wear her real hair while filming on the set of Scandal and in films like Django Unchained and more.
Like many women, Washington embarked on her natural hair journey after abandoning her perm box. She eventually began to fall in love with her hair in its natural form.
“My hair feels much healthier now,” she said in a 2016 interview with Redbook.
It’s been fun getting to know my real curls.”
Washington is keeping up with her natural hair during this quarantine and rocking it during her live interviews!
Happy Birthday Kerry Washington! Here Are 12 Of Her most Jaw-Dropping Looks
1. KERRY WASHINGTON AT AN EVENING WITH Ralph Lauren, 2011Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. KERRY WASHINGTON AT PHOTOCALL OF DJANGO UNCHAINED, 2013Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. KERRY WASHINGTON AT HBO'S ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS POST AWARDS RECEPTION, 2013Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE 66TH ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS, 2014Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. KERRY WASHINGTON. AT THE FILM INDEPENDENT SPIRIT AWARDS, 2015Source:Getty 5 of 12
6. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE 87TH ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS, 2015Source:Getty 6 of 12
7. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA'S 33RD ANNUAL PALEYFEST LOS ANGELES, 2016Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE LA PREMIERE OF HBO FILMS' "CONFIRMATION", 2016Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE 68TH ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS, 2016Source:Getty 9 of 12
10. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE MET GALA, 2017Source:Getty 10 of 12
11. Warner Bros. Pictures And InStyle Host 19th Annual Post-Golden Globes PartySource:Getty 11 of 12
12. KERRY WASHINGTON AT THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER'S ANNUAL WOMEN IN ENTERTAINMENT BREAKFAST GALA, 2019Source:Getty 12 of 12
Kerry Washington’s ‘Little Fires Everywhere’ Wig Is Inspired By Salt-N-Pepa’s Half-Bob was originally published on hellobeautiful.com