Ohio Democratic Senator Tina Maharath broke down in session today while having discussions about racism. This session was being held to further discuss the proposal to declare racism a public health crisis.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Senator Maharath fears that sending her child back to school will lead to racism due to President Trump continuing to refer to COVID-19 as “kung-flu” or the “Chinese Virus”. Senator Maharath is Ohio’s first Asian American lawmaker and serves the 3rd district.
Senator Maharath was attending an Ohio Senate Health Committee meeting and listening to guests sharing how racism has impacted their lives. Senator Maharath was taken back by the stories shared saying, “My son is 8 years old, He’s about to go to school and probably have the same thing that happened to you. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to know that they’re telling us to go back to China. They’re telling us this is a Chinese virus.” Senator Maharath also shared some of her feelings on Twitter
After her tweet Senator Maharath started to receive many tweets of support.
President Trump continues to stand behind his racist language as he blames China for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- FREE HER, 42 Dugg and DaBaby Offer to Pay Woman Bail, Who Killed her Brother Murderer
- Gov. DeWine Orders Curfew to Stay in Affect Pass Jan 23rd
- Jay-Z Creates $10 Million Fund To Help Increase Minority-Owned Cannabis Companies!
- No, Tory Lanez’ Felony Assault Charges Didn’t Get Dropped In Megan Thee Stallion Case
- Viral Sensation DJ Amorphous Lands Huge Placement On Fat Joe’s New Single “Sunshine”
- Get It Right, Get It Tight: Tiffany Haddish Shows Off Her 30-Day Body Transformation
- WATCH:: Pop Smoke Appears In Official New Movie Trailer!
- Joe Exotic Says He Was “Too Gay” To Receive Trump Pardon
- Amanda Bynes Just Drop her Rap Single Diamonds
- Gun Shops in Columbus Reporting Shortages as Sales Continue to Increase!
Ohio Senator Breaks Down During Session Due to Racism was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com