Tamar Braxton is recovering from a reported suicide attempt late last week.
Sources tell E! News, the Maryland-native is “awake and communicating” and has since been transferred to a hospital that specializes in mental health care.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
Braxton was found unconscious by her boyfriend, David Adefeso, on Thursday (July 16). According to the 911 call obtained by TMZ, Adefeso explained to the dispatcher that the singer had been having issues with WeTV which airs “Braxton Family Values” and also carries the upcoming docuseries, “Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life!.”
He said Braxton was upset with producers for using her childhood trauma to boost ratings. Braxton reportedly left a note before her suicide attempt. Adefeso said she mixed alcohol with medication she uses to treat anxiety and depression. He reportedly began crying at some point during the call.
WeTV has since issued a statement, saying:
“Tamar Braxton has been part of the WE tv family for nearly a decade. We are keeping her and her family in our thoughts and prayers and joining with her fans sending strength and healing at this difficult time.”
- Colin Powell, First Black Secretary Of State And Military Leader, Passes Away
- Remy Ma Has Instagram In A Frenzy Over Her Curve-Hugging, Little Black Dress
- These Fluffy Balenciaga Sunglasses Are Set To Be The Next Fashion ‘Must-Haves’
- Summer Walker Responds To Criticism Over Her New Single: ‘Leave Me Alone’
- Black Atlanta Cop Involved in Violent Arrest of HBCU Students Spotted At Buckhead Secession Event
- Elderly Black Man In Need Of Medical Treatment Released From Georgia Hospital And Found Laying On The Ground Outside
- Jordyn Woods Serves Face And Body In Burgundy Cut-Out Dress
- Rapper Lil’ Durk Gushed Over Longtime Love India Royale And Her Cosmetic Line On Nicki Minaj’s IG Live
- Ciara Gifts Gabrielle Union A Fashion Box From Her LITA by Ciara Collection And It’s Everything!
- Surprise! Eve Reveals She’s Expecting Her First Child: ‘You All Know How Long We’ve Been Waiting For This Blessing!’
Tamar Braxton Transferred To Mental Health Facility, 911 Call Surfaces was originally published on magicbaltimore.com