A morgue in Michigan has fired multiple workers over allegations of racism and other misconduct in the workplace, according to a new report.
Three women recently lost their jobs with the Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office stemming from a complaint accusing them of taking part in various inappropriate office behavior that included mocking Black people grieving the deaths of their family members, pornography, bullying and, in at least one instance, delighting over a sexually explicit cake, according to the Detroit Free Press.
That suggestive cake that featured a decorative penis made of frosting apparently prompted one co-worker to file an official complaint about the alleged misconduct. The woman who filed the complaint last month spoke with the Free Press under the condition that it maintain her anonymity.
“I was livid — furious actually,” the woman, who is Black, told the Free Press during a recent interview. “All these cities are on fire for the Black Lives Matter movement, and here’s my staff eating a black penis cake as a joke? That really pushed me over the edge.”
The antics that led to the firings of the now-former morgue workers were apparently only the most recent instances oof offensive workplace behavior that, according to the complaint, has been going on fr the past five years.
Aside from the cake, another particular allegation in the complaint focused on racially profiling Black people. A separate allegation asserted that the complainant’s boss would routinely order her to “Go deal with your people” when Black people arrived at the medical examiner’s office.
Another portion of the complaint made reference to the “blatant and overt racist communications” in the office, as well. Officials were continuing to investigate the complaint.
Read the full complete report from the Free Press by clicking here.
A growing number of people have been losing their jobs over both racist microaggressions as well as more overt acts of racial discrimination. That includes both Black and white people.
Most recently, Nick Cannon was fired from ViacomCBS last month after more than two decades of working with the network after the media mogul was accused of making anti-Semitic statements while filming an episode of his popular podcast.
This is America.
Violent White Folks Who Were Taken Into Custody With Loving Care By Police
1. Robert Aaron Long, suspect in Asian massage parlor killing spree in GASource:Crisp County Sheriff's Office 1 of 29
2. Duke Webb, bowling alley gunman in Rockford, IllinoisSource:Winnebago County Sheriff's Office 2 of 29
3. Car Drives Into Group Of Protesters In New YorkSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Brad Parscale, demoted former Trump campaign managerSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. Brett HankisonSource:Shelby County Sheriff's Department 5 of 29
6. Thomas Kinworthy accused of killing Black cop, shooting another6 of 29
7. Dalton Potter allegedly shot a cop and another man7 of 29
8. White suspect physically attacking officer8 of 29
9. Kyle Rittenhouse, Kenosha Jacob Blake shooterSource:Twitter 9 of 29
10. White supremacist who beat a woman on video10 of 29
11. West Hollywood shooter11 of 29
12. Gregory and Travis McMichaelsSource:Glynn County Sheriff's Office 12 of 29
13. Anthony J. Trifiletti, shot an unarmed Black manSource:Saint Paul Police Department 13 of 29
14. Matthew Bernard, Killed Three People14 of 29
15.15 of 29
16. Mark Boisey16 of 29
17. Lorne BrownSource:NBC Miami 17 of 29
18. Patrick Crusius, El Paso Mall Mass Shooting Suspect18 of 29
19. Aaron DeanSource:Tarrant County Jail 19 of 29
20. Amber Guyger20 of 29
21. James Holmes21 of 29
22. Michael Mattioli22 of 29
23. Dylann RoofSource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Matthew Sloan Punched And Spit On Police...24 of 29
25. Assaulted Police And Even Chased Them...25 of 29
26. Shot At Police At Trump Tower...26 of 29
27. Shot At Police At Walmart -- And Was Let Go...27 of 29
28. Man Holds Black Man At Gunpoint And He Is Calmly Arrested...28 of 29
29. Grady Wayne Wilkes29 of 29
Fired! ‘Racist’ Michigan Morgue Workers Accused Of ‘Eating A Black Penis Cake As A Joke’ Lose Their Jobs was originally published on newsone.com