The Columbus City School district has announced that starting August 15th all sports and extracurricular activities will be suspended until further notice due to concerns with COVID-19.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Teams will be able to wrap up all pre-season work and collect equipment before the suspension of fall sports including e soccer, golf, cross country, football, girls tennis, and cheerleading.
CCS Superintendent/CEO Dr. Talisa Dixon said on the school’s official website, “Today’s decision is a difficult one, but throughout this pandemic, our top priority has been the health and safety of our students, their families, our staff, and the Columbus community. We all know how important athletics and extracurricular activities are to our students, as well as the fabric of our schools and the communities they serve. But we also know the importance of protecting the health and safety of our students and those communities. We must make our decisions about the fall with that in mind. “
The good news is that sports could come back sooner than later. It all depends on the update COVID numbers, state, and CDC recommendations. The situation will be monitored closely for ongoing revaluation.
Watch below where Dr. Dixon and others go into depth as to how they came to this decision.
- NFL Legend Gale Sayers Dead At 77
- Trick-Or-Treating Among Activities To Avoid This Halloween According To The CDC
- Uncle Ben’s Rice Brand Gets A New Name Change, Are We Here For it?
- Megan Thee Stallion And Bob The Drag Queen Enlisted As New Faces Of ‘Coach Forever’ Campaign
- DaBaby’s “Suge” Now Has Over Billion Streams
- Ari Fletcher Doesn’t Want To Marry Moneybagg Yo
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: 2020 BILLBOARD MUSIC NOMINEES ARE IN!
- Irv Gotti Think Jay-Z’s Beef With Tupac Stemmed From “Brooklyn’s Finest” [Video]
- Yvonne Orji’s New Haircut Is An Ode To Black Lives Matter…And We Love It!
- Tyler, the Creator Responds to Fans Thinking He’s the Baby In This Viral 2Pac Clip [VIDEO]
Columbus City School Suspends Sports and Extracurricular Activities was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com