Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Superintendent/CEO Dr. Talisa Dixon was quoted saying,
“Today, I’m pleased to announce the dates for teachers and staff to return to our buildings to prepare for our students’ phased-in arrival based on grade level. I cannot wait to see our students’ faces – with masks on, of course – and to see them engaged in their classroom setting once again.”
Students will return to the classroom on October 19th to a blended learning plan. Students will attend in person two days a week and remote learning 3 days a week.
Start dates are as follows:
Pre K to 3rd graders will return October 19th
4th & 5th graders will return October 26th
6th, 7th, and 8th graders will return November 2nd
Career & technical education centers at Ft. Hayes Career Center and Columbus Downtown School will open again on October 19th
The decision was made after following the guidance of the Columbus Public Health Department and officials. The Columbus metro has been on a downward trend with COVID-19 diagnosis for over a month now.
TRENDING STORY: CDC: The Majority of Children That Have Died From COVID19 Are Black, Hispanic, or Native American
Students will still be required to wear a face mask, social distance, wash their hands, plus extra sanitation of school buildings will be happening, and more safety precautions. Parents are being asked to check the temperature of their child regularly and to not send their child to school if they aren’t feeling well. No decision has been made on when high school students will return to in-person learning.
Watch the press conference below or read the full plan here
- 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards Playlist Curated By DJ QuickSilva
- Lovie Simone On ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Remake: ‘You Get To See The Lifestyle Of The Black Girl Without It Being Traumatizing’
- Kimora Lee Simmons Has A ‘Thrilling’ Creative Process For Baby Phat Beauty With Her Daughters Aoki Lee And Ming Lee
- Who’s Cappin?! Jared Kushner Says Black Americans Have To ‘Want To Be Successful’ [VIDEO]
- Angie’s Motivation: Adjust The Way You Think [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams Addresses Concerns Over Recent Behavior
- MODEL MONDAY: Amala Iyanla Went From A Music Video Model To The Star Of Her Own Runway Show
- Meet MELĒ, The Skincare Brand Co-Created By Dermatologists Of Color For The Melanin Rich
- Civil Rights Leaders Shake Their Heads At Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court Confirmation
- Delusions of Grandeur: Trump Claims ’60 Minutes’ Interview Walk Out Showed “Strength”
Columbus Public Schools Announces Plans for In Person Classes for K-9 Students was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com