A Columbus family is demanding answers and justice after a Franklin County Deputy shot and killed 23-year-old Casey Goodson Jr. during an encounter in North Columbus.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputies were working with US Marsha’s Southern Ohio Fugitive Task Force searching for a subject in the area of Estate Place in Northeast Columbus. According to reports, the US Marshal has completed its work when a man identified as Goodson drove past waving a gun causing the deputy to confront him. According to the police, during the confrontation, Goodson exited his car and was shot by the deputy.
According to the attorneys representing the family, Goodson was shot three times in the back as he entered his home. The mother of Goodson told ACB6, “Police shot him in the back three times through the door.” She also stated that he has never been in trouble and had a license to carry a concealed weapon. The officer involved has been identified as Deputy Jason Meade who is a 17-year veteran at the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The incident is being investigated by the Columbus Police Department and the Franklin County prosecutor’s office. The family of Goodson is demanding justice and a transparent investigation. A statement was made on behalf of the family from Walton + Brown, LLP.
- Gov. DeWine Announces Plans to End Mask Mandates and Health Orders in Ohio
- Watch Trailer: Michael B. Jordan Starring In Tom Clancy Film ‘Without Remorse’
- Happy Birthday: Celebrating Catherine O’Hara’s O’Happiest Television Moments
- Bojangles Opening Multiple Locations in Columbus
- Nostalgic AF: TikTok User Shares Black Sitcom-Inspired Outfits To Celebrate BHM
- Jermaine Fowler on Coming 2 America, Idolizing Eddie Murphy, & The Best Advice He Got On Set
- Who’s Cappin?! States Are Rolling Back Mask Mandates, But Is It Too Soon? [WATCH]
- UPDATE, Polaris Mall Shooting on Wednesday
- How To Grow Your Hair Under Your Protective Style
- Drake to Release Scard Hours on Friday
Columbus: Black Man Killed by Franklin County Deputy, Family Demands Justice was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com