Twenty-year-old Jerrell Smoot and fourty-year-old Suriedia Florida-Hinds are both in police custody after a standoff with Columbus Police reported to a call alerting them of two possible kidnappings at the Garden Heights Apartments located in the 1400 block of West Rich Street around 1:30 a.m.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
One victim was able to escape being held captive, telling police on scene that there was another woman being held inside. Columbus police made contact with Smoot and Florida-Hinds and they eventually surrendered and were arrested. According to WBNS, court documents revealed that Florida-Hinds allegedly helped Smoot kidnap the two women. Smoot allegedly raped them and held one-woman captive in a dog cage for two days.
Smoot is being held at the Franklin County Jail and is facing two counts of rape and kidnapping. Florida-Hinds is also being held at the Franklin County Jail and charged with one count of kidnapping.
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win Extra Stimmy Cash From Power!!!
- Watch Ryan Cameron’s Hall Of Fame Ceremony Saturday, Feb. 27th!
- BHM Spotlight: Carl Lamarre Is Forging A Path For Black Creators Through Music, Media & Community
- Keri Hilson On Her Role ‘Don’t Waste Your Pretty’ & The Worst Piece Of Relationship Advice She’s Heard [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Throwback: Halle Berry’s Sexy 90s Dress Sends Twitter Into A Tizzy
- Black Mom Celebrates Natural Styles With ‘Hair Day’
- Chance the Rapper Suing Ex Manager for $3million,for his Damaged Reputation
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Says He Recommended Syria Airstrike: ‘We Know What We Hit’
- 8 Legendary Black Hollywood Beauties Who Broke The Mold
- Jay-Z Invest intoPerch Credit App to Help Minorities Build Their Credit
- New York Times Internal Report Admits Its Coverage Has Been Rooted In White Perspectives
Columbus: Two Accused of Keeping Woman in Dog Cage, Kidnapping and Rape was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com