Police in Columbus are investigating a report of shots fired at Polaris Fashion Place.
It happened around 12:30 inside the mall on Polaris Parkway in Delaware County.
According to Columbus Division of Police spokesperson Sgt. James Fuqua, nobody was injured in the shooting. Columbus police officers are inside the mall looking for the shooter. The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office is also assisting.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/police-investigating-report-of-shooting-at-polaris-fashion-place-mall/
According to the Columbus Police Department, this is not currently an active shooter situation.
UPDATE (3/3/2021 2:50PM) According to Columbus Division of Police spokesperson Sgt. James Fuqua said during a press conference that the shooting was a result of a fight/argument between two people. Shell casings were found on the scene but no arrests have been made yet. Police are looking for a black male in a gray hoodie in his late 20s early 30s. A firearm was recovered outside of the mall in a parking lot under a vehicle. If you have any information on the shooting please call the Columbus Police at 614-645-4545
UPDATE (3/3/21 3:31PM) According to Columbus Division of Police spokesperson Sgt. James Fuqua Polaris Fashion Place Mall has been fully evacuated. The two suspects are said to have been in a domestic dispute and are at large. CPD has identified them and is asking them to turn themselves in. The firearm recovered has been connected to the shooting. At least two firearms were discharged and multiple shell casings were recovered from the scene. If you have any information on the shooting please call the Columbus Police at 614-645-4545
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- SAVE THE DATE: Music Business Mondays
- Echoes Of Breonna Taylor’s Death In Fatal Police Shooting Of Georgia Man
- Columbus Residents to Receive $100 For Getting the COVID Vaccine
- Justice Sotomayor Offers Congress Guidance On Fixing Persisting Sentencing Disparity for Crack Cocaine
- Black Voters Matter Kicks Off Freedom Ride For Voting Rights On Juneteenth
- ‘We Fell Short’: Lin-Manuel Miranda Apologizes For ‘In The Heights’ Colorism, Erasure
- Senate Confirms Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson Amid Push For Justice Breyer To Step Down From SCOTUS
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- Happy Birthday To The King Of Melodic Rap: A Round Up Of Gunna’s Best Lines
- No Sale: Koo-Koo Karen Booted From Ross Store After Racist Tirade
- One Week Ahead Of Summer, Wave Of Mass Shootings Reported Across U.S.