Saweetie and Quavo are apparently over and according to one party, it’s due to infidelity.
After rumors began swirling about the longtime couple unfollowing one another on Instagram, the “Icy Girl” confirmed the breakup via Twitter on Friday (March 19), sending plenty of people hungry to shoot their shot and many of her fans saluting her for walking away.
“I’m single. I’ve endured too much betrayal and hurt behind the scenes for a false narrative to be circulating that degrades my character,” she wrote. “Presents don’t band aid scars and the love isn’t real when the intimacy is given to other women.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
She followed up, “I emotionally checked out a long time ago and have walked away with a deep sense of peace and freedom. Excited for this new chapter of elevation.”
The couple had been one of the more beloved in hip-hop, especially as they showered one another with love and affection on social media. At one point, the two participated in GQ’s Couple’s Quiz where they asked one another 44 questions. The video has been viewed more than 12 million times.
In January, she said she had found “true love” with the Migos rapper after revealing he once offered her his last piece of food, unprompted.
“The moment I realized that Quavo really loved me is when he saved me some of his food,” Saweetie told Page Six “He gave me his last piece of chicken. I wasn’t testing him or anything, I’ll be coming out of a Zoom meeting or done doing something and he would have saved me some of his food.”
The two regularly spoiled one another with gifts, including Quavo buying the California native a fresh Bentley, striking off discourse on Twitter.
In 2018, the pair started dating after he famously slid into her DMs on Instagram proclaiming she needed a “glacier boy.” It sparked off one of 2020s more enduring trends: the “How it started vs. How it’s going” challenge. After answering his message, Saweetie found herself on one of the more Atlanta first dates possible: Stoney River and later a night at famed ATL strip club, Magic City.
However, cheating rumors persisted in 2020 as fans immediately believed Huncho had stepped out on Saweetie with Reginae Carter, a claim he vehemently denied.
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Regina King Dazzles In Christopher John Rogers Gown At The CDGA Awards
- Headkrack Shares His Experience On MTV’s “Wild N’ Out” & Facing Off Against D.C. Young Fly
- Woman Arrested For Refusing To Return $1.2 Million Accidentally Deposited Into Account
- Kim Potter, Ex-Minnesota Officer Will Be Charged With Second-Degree Manslaughter In Death Of Daunte Wright
- Who Wore It Better? Kurt Cobain or Kid Cudi In A Floral Print Dress
- Man Arrested in Connection with Columbus Police Headquarters Breach
- Officer Injured as Protestors Tried to Break Into CPD Headquarters
- Four Columbus Juveniles Steal Elderly Lyft Drivers Car
- 3K Child Tax Credit Payments Set to Start in July
- Danielle Kwateng Is Named The New Executive Editor For Teen Vogue
Back To The Streets: Saweetie Confirms Split With Quavo was originally published on theboxhouston.com