According to NBC4i, The 2021 Ohio State Fair will not be open to the public this summer, and will focus instead on agricultural and educational competitions, according to a statement.
The Ohio Expositions Commission said they were concerned for public health, and could not justify the cost of adhering to current safety protocols.
“Where we are today in this (COVID-19) battle makes it challenging to plan a large-scale entertainment event, not knowing where we will be, or what Ohio will look like, in late July,” said General Manager Virgil Strickler.
The 2022 Ohio State Fair is slated for July 27 – August 7, when rides, concerts, entertainers, live music, food vendors, and shopping are expected to return.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- H.E.R Opens Up About Her Evolution As A Woman Ahead Of Tonight’s Urban One Honors: ‘I Decided To Just Be H.E.R’
- 10 Black Elected Officials Who Are Following In The Footsteps Of Martin Luther King Jr.
- DANILEIGH REVEALS SHE AND BABY HAVE COVID
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Urban One Honors “The Soundtrack of Black America” Live Tonight On TV One & Cleo TV!
- Brooklyn’s Lost Black City Of Weeksville: A Hidden Gem Of Pre-Civil War Black Excellence
- Mary J Blige… Is Paying YOUR Rent Contest
- JT And Yung Miami Are Twinning In Matching Dolce And Gabbana Looks
- Tia Mowry Trends On Social Media After Sharing An Intimate Instagram Post In The Name Of Self-Care
- Missy Elliot Pens A Heartfelt Instagram Message In Honor Of Aaliyah’s Birthday: ‘Your Spirit Lives On’
The Ohio State Fair Is Happening But Unlike Years Past was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com