According to NBC4i, A few people were able to breach a set of outer doors at Columbus Police headquarters after a protest Tuesday night, with one officer being evaluated for a head injury related to the incident.
Columbus Police Sgt. James Fuqua said an officer was hit in the head by some sort of stick during the incident. Investigators are trying to determine if the officer was struck on purpose or if it was accidental.
Fuqua said about 50 people peacefully demonstrated and marched in downtown Columbus Tuesday night, with the demonstration ending outside police headquarters.
After the protesters left, Fuqua said some of them came back and attempted to break into the building.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Music Columbus and Power 1075/1063 Presents: Music Business Monday’s Virtual Music Conference
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Nina Parker Created A Stylish Space For Plus Size Women With Her Macy’s Collection
- Jail Phone Records Reveal Ahmaud Arbery’s Accused Murderer Suggested Killing Him Was A ‘Good Deed’
- J. Cole Talks About His Fistfight With Puff Daddy On New Album
- New CDC Mask Guidance for Ohio
- Ellen DeGeneres Says Claims Against her Felt Orchestrated, But Are not the Reason She is Leaving the Show
- LOCAL NEWS: More on Ohio’s Upcoming Vaccine Lottery Drawings
- No Masks, Just Vibes: The CDC Announced Masks Are No Longer Required & Social Media Reacts
- Despite New CDC Regulations Many Will Continue To Wear Their Masks ‘It’s like an invisibility cloak’
- ‘The Game’ Returns With Original Cast Members Wendy Raquel Robinson & Hosea Chanchez To Paramount+
- Powerhouse Couple Russell Wilson and Ciara Ink First-Look Deal With Amazon Studios
Officer Injured as Protestors Tried to Break Into CPD Headquarters was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com