According to NBC4i, Delta is the first major U.S. airline to require COVID-19 vaccinations for all new hires.
The company announced its decision in a statement saying the policy will go into effect Monday, May 17th.
The company employees approximately 74,000 people which the company says 60% have received a vaccination. This mandate only applies to new hires, but current employees are strongly encouraged to receive a shot.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade
- Ohio’s Heartbeat Bill becomes law
- Win Tickets to See Chris Brown
- Gabrielle Union Drops Her Fitness And Health Routine On Instagram
- Lizzo Says She Will Pledge $500k From Her Upcoming Tour To Planned Parenthood Amid Roe v. Wade Decision
- Beyoncé, Drake And House Music History: The Intersection Of Black Music Month And Pride
- Boslen Unleashes Boundary-Pushing EP ‘Gonzo’
- Leiomy, Law Roach and More Step Into the Metaverse ‘Culture Series: PRIDE Unbound’ Discussing Ballroom Culture
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Invites Herschel Walker To Debate, Says GOP Rival Hasn’t Officially Accepted
- Twitter Reacts to One of the Most Chaotic Verzuz Battles Ever Between Mario & Omarion
Delta Airlines to Require COVID Vaccination for All New Hires was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com