The Pennsylvania State Supreme Court overturned Bill Cosby‘s 2018 conviction on sexual assault charges, clearing the way for the 83-year-old comedian to be freed from prison.
According to WKYC in Philadelphia, Cosby will walk out of a state prison a free man after his lawyers appealed to the court and argued Cosby’s entire life was put on trial that caused him to suffer unquantifiable prejudice.
In an opinion issued by the court, the court agreed to review two pieces of the case Cosby’s lawyers challenged last June. The first involved the judge’s decision to let prosecutors call five other accusers of Cosby’s. The other examined Cosby’s argument he had an agreement with a former prosecutor he’d never be charged for any of his alleged crimes.
Cosby was convicted in 2018 on three aggravated indecent assault counts. The court deemed Cosby a ‘sexually violent predator’ for posing an ‘imminent safety risk to women.’
He was up for parole last year but was denied a conditional release due to his refusal to attend a treatment program for sex offenders and he was also given a negative recommendation by the Pennsylvania Board of Corrections.
This story is developing.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Dental Care on Wheels: Nationwide Children’s Hospital Rolls into Central Ohio Schools
- Sherri Shepherd Tests Positive for COVID-19, What It Means For Her Show
- Free Flu Vaccines Offered by OSU Wexner Medical Center on Community Health Day
- Kash Doll Talks Not Always Getting Love In Detroit, Finally Finding Peace, Viral Hairstyles+ More!
- High Stakes Showdown: Ohio State Buckeyes Clash with Undefeated Notre Dame Saturday!
- Kierra Sheard Talks Pregnancy, Transparency About Sex In the Church, Marriage, and Her Latest Book!
- Flyana Boss Talks Working 2 Years for Viral Moment, Queen Latifah Showing Love, Being Barbz + More!
- Irish Grinstead of R&B Sensation 702 Passes Away at age 43
- Meg The Stallion Joins Season 7 Of Netflix’s Big Mouth
- Coco Jones Announces Another Ohio Tour Date
Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Conviction Overturned By Court was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com
Foxy Brown “I Was 15 When Jay-Z Took My Virginity. He Was 27″
Beyoncé Shows Love To Columbus Couple During Renaissance Tour
About Damn Time: Ciara Joins IMG Models
Listen To Power On Your Amazon Echo
Help a Child in Need at St. Jude DONATE NOW
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Download Our New Power 107.5 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
National Hispanic Heritage Month: Notable Black People Who Are Afro-Latinos