According to NBC4i, Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks has died at the age of 24.
The team reports his death was due to an apparent head injury suffered during a fall.
Novi, Michigan police Lt. Jason Meier tells The Associated Press a mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby. Meier says Kivlenieks was in a hot tub and fled along with several other people, but he slipped and hit his head on concrete.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Naomi Osaka Lit The Olympic Cauldron At The Tokyo Opening Ceremony With Braids That Repped Her Country
- The Cleveland Baseball Team is now the Cleveland Guardians
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Expands Shades Of Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick Collection
- IRS Warns of Child Tax Credit-Related Scams
- Keyshia Cole Breaks Silence On Mother’s Death In Heartfelt Message
- Kim Kardashian attended Kanye West’s DONDA livestream event
- Batgirl Is Biracial! Afro-Latina Actress Leslie Grace Set To Star as Titular Hero For HBO Max Film
- HHW Gaming: Atlantic Records Teams Up With Xbox To Launch The Green Room Gaming Series
- Jadakiss & Styles P Make Fun Of Jim Jones’ Weatherman Skit [Video]
- Columbus City Schools Requiring Students to Wear Face Masks to start 2021 School Year in the Fall
Columbus Blue Jackets Goalie Dies in Tragic Fireworks Accident was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com