According to NBC4i, Columbus police were called to an apartment on the 300 block of S. Chase Avenue on reports of a shooting around 12:49 a.m. Thursday.
They say they found the victim, 28-year old Kenneth Elliott III suffering from a gunshot wound.
Elliott had been shot by his live-in girlfriend, then ran to a next-door neighbor’s apartment where he collapsed, according to police.
Police say responding officers had to help the victim to the medic on scene because the suspect refused to put down her gun.
Arrested and charged with felonious assault was 25-year old Lanisha A. Carter.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- White Woman Hit With Hate Crime For Spitting on Black Protester Gets Charges Dropped
- From Homeless to Hollywood: Viral Artist Richard Hutchins Dreams Come True In One Miraculous Night
- Naomi Osaka Lit The Olympic Cauldron At The Tokyo Opening Ceremony With Braids That Repped Her Country
- Palestinian & Israeli Rap Duo Aim To Tear Down Racism Via Viral Video
- Jay-Z & Beyoncé’s New Orleans Home Set On Fire According To Authorities
- The Cleveland Baseball Team is now the Cleveland Guardians
- The Spice Must Flow: New ‘Dune’ Trailer Features Zendaya, Timothée Chalamet & More
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Expands Shades Of Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick Collection
- Yasiin Bey Will Not Portray Jazz Great Thelonious Monk In Biopic Despite Reports
- Kanye West’s ‘Donda’ Listening Party Highlights Include A Collab With Jay-Z And A Stocking Cap Mask