According to NBC4i, By two metrics, Ohio’s COVID-19 cases are at their highest point of the summer so far.
The Ohio Department of Health on Monday reported 660 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since May 28, which also saw 660. And last week, ODH reported 2,842 cases, the most in a Monday-Sunday period since 4,634 cases May 24-30.
With 660 new cases, Monday became the sixth day this month – and the fifth day in the last six – to see more than 400 cases. June saw four days over 400 cases, but all were early in the month.
Daily case counts are not backdated to the day of infection, but trends among these backdated “onset cases” tend to follow the raw releases. The last day Ohio saw more than 400 onset cases was June 2. But it was as recently as early- to mid-May when Ohio was recording multiple days with more than 1,000 onset cases.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Megan Thee Stallion Heats Things Up In Miami At Sports Illustrated Swim Edition Launch Party
- Gabrielle Union Embraces Her Natural Curly Locs After The Big Chop
- Biden Administration’s Environmental Justice Initiative Kicks Into Gear
- White Woman Hit With Hate Crime For Spitting on Black Protester Gets Charges Dropped
- From Homeless to Hollywood: Viral Artist Richard Hutchins Dreams Come True In One Miraculous Night
- Naomi Osaka Lit The Olympic Cauldron At The Tokyo Opening Ceremony With Braids That Repped Her Country
- Palestinian & Israeli Rap Duo Aim To Tear Down Racism Via Viral Video
- Jay-Z & Beyoncé’s New Orleans Home Set On Fire According To Authorities
- The Cleveland Baseball Team is now the Cleveland Guardians
- The Spice Must Flow: New ‘Dune’ Trailer Features Zendaya, Timothée Chalamet & More
Ohio Reaches the Highest COVID Rates This Summer Due To Delta Variant was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com