According to NBC4i, Walmart announced Tuesday that it will pay for 100% of college tuition and books for employees through its Live Better U education program.
Starting Aug. 16, that fee will be removed for about 1.5 million part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club employees, allowing them to earn college degrees or learn trade skills without taking on additional debt.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The Bentonville-based retailer said in a Tuesday release that it is committed to investing nearly $1 billion over the next five years in “career-driven training and development.”
Employees are eligible for LBU on their first day at Walmart, the company said, adding that the educational programs are “picked for the future of work.”
- Arrest Made In 1996 Unsolved Murder of Tupac Shakur
- Text To Win — Nas & Wu-Tang Hip-Hop 50 Winning Weekend!
- California Senator Diane Feinstein Dies Age 90
- Watch: ‘The Real Housewives Of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer
- TV Shows Like ‘Abbott Elementary’ & ‘Run the World’ Were Affected By The 2023 Writers Strike
- Good Good: Usher Announces He’ll Drop New Album ‘Coming Home’ Same Day As Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Wrongfully Convicted Cleveland Men To Sue Cops Who Arrested Them
- Tour Alert: Burna Boy is Coming to Columbus!
- Jess Hilarious Talks Backlash From Trans Comments, New Relationship, Co-parenting, New Shows + More!
- Chloë Bailey Revealed Her Celebrity Crush And We Are Here For It
Walmart Announces They Will Pay Employees College Tuition and Books was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Foxy Brown “I Was 15 When Jay-Z Took My Virginity. He Was 27″
Beyoncé Shows Love To Columbus Couple During Renaissance Tour
Help a Child in Need at St. Jude DONATE NOW
About Damn Time: Ciara Joins IMG Models
Listen To Power On Your Amazon Echo
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
Download Our New Power 107.5 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Tap In & Take Our Survey For A Chance To Win $250 & Tickets To See Nas and Wu-Tang!