According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Black Female Officers In DC File Class-Action Lawsuit On MPDC For Race & Sex-Based Discrimination
- Kelly Price Reportedly Missing In Georgia Following COVID-19 Battle
- Anti-Vaxxers Who Threaten To Quit Their Jobs Over Vaccine Mandates Rarely Do, Data Shows
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: The ‘Hot Girl Coach’ Signs With Nike
- Swizz Beatz Gets Candid On Alicia Keys, DMX & Being Called A Sellout For TV One’s “UNCENSORED”
- 21 Savage Hit With Gun & Drug Possession Charges Stemming From 2019 ICE Arrest
- Megan Thee Stallion Teams Up With Nike As The ‘Hot Girl Coach’
- Jordyn Woods Debuts A Platinum Blonde Do In A Sexy Pink Mini Dress
- House Committee Subpoenas Trump Advisors In Jan. 6 Capitol Riot Investigation. Trump, Of Course, Is Big Mad
- Data Shows U.S. Grants Asylum To Haitians Less Than Any Other Nationality
This Ohio Hospital’s ICU is Full Because of COVID-19 was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com