According to NBC4i, A mistrial has been declared in a federal civil rights lawsuit against two Columbus police officers who shot and killed a 23-year-old man while the officers were in plainclothes in June 2016.
Henry Green V, 23, was shot and killed during a confrontation with Columbus Police Officers Zachary Rosen and Jason Bare, who were in plainclothes, in the South Linden neighborhood.
The jury, which began deliberations Monday afternoon, announced Wednesday it was deadlocked.
Police say Green, who was Black, ignored commands to drop his gun during the shooting by the officers, who are both white. Green’s family and a friend walking with him said Columbus police didn’t identify themselves when they began yelling at Green.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Sabrina Elba Dazzles In A Gorgeous Gucci Frock At M2M’s 20th Anniversary Gala
- Astroworld Concert From Hell??
- Tessa Thompson Is Statuesque On The December/January Cover Of Ebony Magazine
- Murder charges against Jason Meade filed in death of Casey Goodson Jr.
- Here’s What You Need To Know About Jessica Watkins, The First Black Woman That Will Live On The International Space Station
- Symone Sanders Resigning As Kamala Harris’ Press Secretary Amid Reported Questions About VP’s Future
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s “Keep It To Yourself” | Episode 44
- Mary J. Blige Looked Stunning As She Dropped Gems On ‘Tamron Hall Show’: ‘I Feel Amazing’
- Hard Drive Of 2Pac’s Former Bodyguard To Be Auctioned Containing Late Rapper’s Rare Music & Photos
- Wendy Williams Spotted Leaving A Wellness Center In Miami, Says She’s ‘Doing Fabulous’
Mistrial declared in Henry Green civil suit against two Columbus police officers was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com