According to NBC4i, a man sentenced to prison in 1998 for murder has been released after two people recanted their testimony that he was the shooter.
Marvell Dixon was convicted of aggravated murder and felonious assault in 1998 for the killing of Douglas Harvey and for shooting Ervin Nixon. Court records state Harvey and Nixon were the victims of a drive-by shooting at Ohio and Livingston avenues in Columbus on July 19, 1995.
Dixon was originally convicted in the case and sentenced to 20 years to life, Franklin County Prosecutor Gary Tyack said in a news release.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Want to Be a Vendor For Our Job and Recruitment Fair?
- Alabama Police Department Disbanded After Police Officer Sends Racist Text Message
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Prays With Jan. 6 Convict In Prop Jail Cell At Texas CPAC. No, I’m Not Making This Up
- Brent Faiyaz Talks Creating ‘Wasteland,’ Love, Relationships & Toxicity
- New Study Reveals Black Women Are Struggling Financially In Today’s Economy
- Chloe Bailey Shows Off Her Curves In An All-Black Look From The Blonds
- Tracee Ellis Ross Posed For Instagram In A Fashionable Look From The Row
- Viral Video Shows Mississippi Highway Patrolman Beating Black Man On Side Of The Road
- HUD Unveils Wealth Building Initiative For Low-Income Families
- Phaedra Parks Is Stunning In An All-Black Versace Gown
- Nicki Minaj Stepped Out In Toronto In A Pink Wig For OVO Fest