According to NBC4i, a Columbus woman has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of her 7-year-old son in August of 2020.
Oneida Maldonado-Cortez entered her plea Wednesday morning in Franklin County Common Pleas Court. In addition to the involuntary manslaughter charge, she also pled guilty to endangering children.
The maximum sentence Maldonado-Cortez could face is between 11 and 16.5 years in prison.
For the full NBC4 click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- How This Brooklyn Entrepreneur Is Opening The Door For Black Creatives
- Ketanji Brown Jackson Officially Sworn In As First Black Woman On Supreme Court Bench
- Beyonce Serves Bawdy On ‘Renaissance’ Album Cover
- How Much More Do They Need To Indict Donald Trump? Georgetown Professor Paul Butler Discusses With Russ Parr [Listen]
- Lita By Ciara Accessories Will Add Flavor To Your Summer Wardrobe
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘My Body, My Choice’ | Episode 74
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Her Face Card In A Series Of Flawless Selfies
- Ciara And Russell Wilson Slay In All Black Looks For A Romantic Date Night
- Tracee Ellis Ross Shines In Bright Yellow Cong Tri Gown
- National Birth Equity Collaborative Keeps Fighting For Black Birthing People After SCOTUS Decision