According to NBC4i, A man is in custody after barricading himself in a room at a downtown Columbus hotel, prompting police to evacuate the building Monday evening.
Police responded to the Sheraton Columbus Hotel on East State Street near the Ohio Statehouse at approximately 3:36 p.m. on a call for a man suffering from apparent mental health issues.
When officers entered the room, the man was inside the bathroom claiming to have an explosive device, at which point, the evacuation of the building began.
Investigators did not find an explosive device at the scene.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Savannah James Shows Off Her New Braids And They’re Everything!
- Chloe Bailey Celebrates Her Birthday With A Sexy IG Photoshoot
- Black Family Month: 2 Chainz & His Son Halo Team Up For New Podcast
- Win Tickets to See Pusha T
- D.C. Becoming ‘Chocolate City’ Again After Pandemic ‘White Flight’ Reverses Gentrification Trend
- ‘We Just Want What Is Right To Be Righted’: Akron Police Killed Jayland Walker Family Demands Accountability
- Akron Police Fatally Shoot Jayland Walker, Ignite Protests and Demands for Accountability
- The Tom Joyner Foundation And BetMGM To Offer Executive Series For HBCU Students
- AFAF: My Sister Chose Her Best Friend To Be Child’s God Mother Instead Of Me!”
- Colonizer Curriculum: Texas Educators Want To Characterize Slavery As ‘Involuntary Relocation’