According to NBC4i, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an on-camera statement regarding Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
“My purpose tonight is not to debate the merits of this decision. There will be plenty of time to do this in the days and weeks ahead,” DeWine said. “I think it’s important as we discuss the abortion issue we in Ohio do it in a civil way and recognize there are people of good will on both sides who have strongly and honestly held beliefs.”
Shortly after DeWine spoke, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced the Heartbeat Bill has become law in the state, which bans abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Long Lines During Only Weekend Of Early Voting In Georgia Runoff Election
- Nene Leakes Shined In A $2,550 Chain Dress For Porsha’s Wedding
- Fantasia Owned The Stage In Augusto Manzanares Look
- Xscape Shines In La Roxx Looks During Soul Train Awards Performance
- Porsha Williams And Simon Guobadia Get Married Again!
- Plane Headed to Columbus Diverted After Assault Incident
- Ohio State falls to No. 5 in week 14 AP, coaches polls
- Urban Meyer Questions Buckeyes After Loss, Fans Want Him Back
- Quinta Brunson Shines In Aliette During Her Interview With Oprah
- Toni Braxton Shines In A Black And White Look
Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com