According to NBC4i, vandals targeted a Black Lives Matter memorial in Franklinton overnight on Saturday, affecting more than half of the mural.
Photos sent to NBC4 showed that vandals used white spray paint to cover up multiple faces on the “Stolen Joy” mural by Katie Golonka. The Franklinton Arts District’s executive director said this piece on the Vanderelli Room art gallery – intended as a memorial to 45 Black and brown Americans killed in incidents with police – was the main target of the vandalism.
The vandals’ paint hit 28 different faces on the mural.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Marjorie Harvey Gives Us Style Goals In An All Black Fit
- Michaela Coel Is Beauty Personified On The Cover Of Vogue Magazine
- President Biden To Pardon All Federal Offenses Of Simple Marijuana Possession
- Cardi B Announces Her Upcoming 30th Birthday Party Theme On Twitter
- Taylour Paige Ties The Knot With Her Boo Rivington Starchild
- Latto And Jordyn Woods Slay In Mugler X Wolford’s Curve-Hugging Body Suit
- Mary J Blige Casually Slays In A $4,000 Louis Vuitton Varsity Jacket
- Sen. Raphael Warnock Widens Polling Lead Over Herschel Walker As Bombshell Reports Pour In
- That’s The Way Love Goes: When Commenting “Love from the DMV” On Janet Jackson’s IG Live Causes Mad Confusion
- Ohio Man Eludes Police For Hours After Fatal Hit and Run