According to NBC4i, President Joe Biden on Friday pardoned an 80-year-old Columbus woman convicted of killing her abusive husband in 1977.
The White House said Biden granted clemency to Beverly Ann Ibn-Tamas nearly 50 years after a Washington, D.C. jury convicted her of second-degree murder for fatally shooting her husband, Dr. Yusef Ibn-Tamas, according to court records. Ibn-Thomas, who was 33 years old and pregnant at the time of the shooting, testified her husband repeatedly abused her.
Ibn-Tamas, who until recently worked as a nursing director for an Ohio-based healthcare company, was instrumental in moving the judicial system to recognize battered woman syndrome, the White House said.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Sabrina Elba Stuns In Dolce And Gabbana
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Win Tickets to See 50 Cent and Busta Rhymes!
- Power Memorial Day Mix & Win Tickets to See 50 Cent
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Dodged That Bullet! Claudia Jordan Glad She Didn’t Date Brian McKnight During ‘Celebrity Apprentice’
- Sza Shows Off Her Long Healthy Natural Hair
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- 50 CENT & BUSTA RHYMES Winning Weekend
- Lori Harvey Showed Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Stunning Red Dress
Biden Pardons Columbus woman who killed abusive husband was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Win $250 and Become a Power 107.5 DJ For a Day
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Person Shot Near Easton, in Critical Condition
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Columbus’ Cutest Pet: Vote Today for Columbus' Cutest Pet
Columbus: See Inside The Abandoned Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark
Foxy Brown “I Was 15 When Jay-Z Took My Virginity. He Was 27″
Rumor Has It Jay-Z Gave Foxy Brown A STD And Took Her Virginity AT 15!