According to NBC4i, within a week’s time the Columbus City Council swiftly introduced, proposed, and passed legislation on reducing the speed limit throughout the Downtown area.
Columbus City Councilmember and Chair of the Public Safety and Transportation Committee Lourdes Barroso de Padilla, who hosted the first public hearing last Tuesday on the ordinance, said reducing speed limits is among the top concerns heard from residents in Columbus communities.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
With a vote of 7-0, the city council approved a motion Monday night to change the speed limit in the Downtown district with a limit of 35 miles per hour to 25 miles per hour. The initiative is part of a strategy by Vision Zero Columbus to reduce serious and fatal crashes on city streets, to promote safe travel for those walking, biking or in a motor vehicle, and to support safety as the top priority of the transportation system.
For the full NBC4 story click here
- Ciara Stepped Out In A Black Grace Ling Ensemble
- Hoax shooter calls made to two central Ohio schools
- Franklin County proposes program to curb teen car thefts
- Angela Simmons Poses With Her Boo, Yo Gotti, In Stylish Givenchy Boots
- Get Excited For Bernie Mac’s Posthumous Return In Never-Before-Heard Stand-Up Album
- Amanda Seales Show ‘To Arrest Trump Or Not To Arrest Trump That Is The Question?’ | EPISODE 74
- Oscar Nominated Artist DIXSON on Beyonce: ‘Her voice changes everything’
- Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
- Here’s The No. 1 Ex Nick Cannon Wishes He Had a Baby With
- Lori Harvey Attended The White House Women’s History Month Brunch In An Attico Pinstripe Suit
Time to Slow Down! Speed limits changing in Downtown Columbus was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Here’s When The First Bojangles Opens in the Columbus Metro
Autopsy released for baby who died after Ohio Amber Alert
Autopsy Report Suggests Rasheem Carter Was Lynched, But Mississippi Cops Say No ‘Foul Play’
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Three Men Found Guilty For 2018 Murder of XXXtentacion
Keith Sweat and Ginuwine concert added to Ohio State Fair line-up
Listen to The Amanda Seals Show to Win Tickets to the Future & Friends One Big Party Tour
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene On SWARM