A new study sheds light on how hard many families have to afford the basics.
The Ohio United Way report released Wednesday shows that 2 in 5 Ohio households are struggling to come up with enough resources to provide basic necessities.
The group found nearly 1.8 million Ohio households have difficulty covering a survival budget of housing, child care, food, transportation, and healthcare.
According to the study, 67 percent of Ohio jobs pay less than $20 an hour.
The report is an effort to put a spotlight on the problem in hopes to encourage state and community organizations to create reform.
21 Rappers Who Went To College
1. 2 Chainz, University of Alabama StateSource:Getty Images 1 of 5
2. Cam’ron, Texas JUCOSource:Getty Images 2 of 5
3. Chuck D, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty Images 3 of 5
4. Common, Florida A&M UniversitySource:Getty Images 4 of 5
5. David Banner, Southern University5 of 5