Power 107.5 Orange Crush® Staycation 2010
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The “POWER 107.5 Orange Crush® Staycation” contest (“Contest”) will begin at 7:00 a.m. EST on Monday July 12, 2010 and end at 6:00 p.m. EST on Friday July 23, 2010 (“Contest Period”). The Contest will air at least two (2) times per day, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday on Station WCKX FM during the Contest Period. Qualifying on-air winners will win a prize and qualify to enter into the Grand Prize drawing. One Grand Prize winner will be selected by random drawing and awarded One (1) Grand Prize consisting of: four (4) general admission tickets to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, four (4) passes for Put In Bay Jet Express, four (4) tickets to Newport Aquarium in Newport, KY, one (1) laser tag party for ten (10) people at Magic Mountain Family Fun Center in Columbus, OH, one (1) Crush Vivitar digital camera, one (1) Crush hammock with canopy and one (1) Crush floating cooler. Estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,000.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WCKX-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., and are eighteen (18) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listen to WCKX-FM, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., and 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST (during the Contest Period) for the Orange Crush Staycation Sounder (“Sounder”) to be played. The Sounder is the sound of rollercoaster/screams.
2. When a listener hears the Sounder between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during the Contest Period, the listener must be the 9th caller to the Station at 614-821-1075 to win a qualifying prize and be entered into the Grand Prize drawing.
1. The Contest is open to all WCKX-FM listeners who are legal residents of the U.S. and are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Proper identification and proof of age (i.e. driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D. with birth date) must be presented before any prize will be released to winner.
2. Employees of WCKX-FM, Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd., its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, other contest parties, promotional partners, other affiliated radio stations in the Columbus, Ohio metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Winner and guest must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid photo I.D.) prior to departure and travel together on the same itinerary. Travel companion of the Grand Prize Winner must also be eighteen (18) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Travel guest will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the grand prize winner.
4. Only one (1) person per household may qualify to win a grand prize. Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted.
5. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from station WCKX-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this contest are not eligible to participate.
1. TWENTY (20) QUALIFIER PRIZES will be awarded, each consisting of one (1) Crush Beach Wet Pack comprised of: one (1) back pack, one (1) 12-pack of Orange Crush, one (1) Magic Mountain Family Pack and four (4) general admission passes to the 2010 Ohio State Fair. Estimated retail value of each Qualifier Prize is $82.
2. TWO (2) FIRST PRIZES will be awarded, each consisting of one (1) Crush Vivitar digital camera, one (1) Crush hammock with canopy and one (1) Crush floating cooler. Estimated retail value of the each First Prize is $160.
3. SECOND PRIZE: One (1) second prize will be awarded consisting of one (1) Crush Vivitar digital camera. Estimated retail value of the Second Prize is $20.
4. GRAND PRIZE:
One Grand Prize winner will be selected by random drawing and awarded one (1) Grand Prize consisting of: four (4) general admission tickets to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, four (4) passes for Put In Bay Jet Express, four (4) tickets to Newport Aquarium in Newport, KY, one (1) laser tag party for ten (10) people at Magic Mountain Family Fun Center in Columbus, OH, one (1) Crush Vivitar digital camera, one (1) Crush hammock with canopy and one (1) Crush floating cooler. Estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,000.
5. Winners and their guests will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the various amusement venues, gratuities, souvenirs, meals, taxes and incidentals, which are not included in the Prize package.
6. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the station’s offices within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
7. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check. Prize checks will be available for pick-up no earlier than twenty (21) business days from the date the contest winner is awarded their prize.
9. All prize packages or prize certificates awarded to selected contest winners MUST be picked up at the offices of WCKX-FM, located at 350 East 1st Avenue, Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43201. Proper identification and proof of age (i.e. driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D. with birth date) must be presented before prizes will be released to winners.
10. If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that he or she has decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the contest sponsor and / or contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
11. If contest winner does not claim their prize within thirty (30) days of winning notification, they forfeit the prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by becoming the 9th caller to the station at 614-821-1075 after hearing the Orange Crush Staycation Sounder Monday through Friday.
2. Upon becoming the correct caller, the contestant will win the qualifying on-air prize and will be automatically entered into the drawing for a chance to win the Grand Prize.
3. The Grand Prize drawing will take place on Monday July 26, 2010 during the Power Morning Crew morning show. The winner will be selected randomly from among the contestants that qualified on the air during the Contest Period.
4. On July 26, 2010, two (2) First Prize winners and one (1) Second Prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among contestants that qualified on the air during the Contest Period.
5. Grand prize, first prize, and second prize winners will be notified by phone.
6. Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of WCKX-FM located at 350 East 1st Avenue, Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43201 to claim their prize.
7. All decisions regarding any aspect of the Contest shall be made by WCKX-FM station management and are final.
1. Winners are responsible for payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes. The Grand Prize Winner of the “POWER 107.5 Orange Crush Staycation” is responsible for payment of any taxes.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No Purchase necessary. Contest void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period
4. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
5. All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold Station WCKX-FM, Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd., and any other contest parties and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
6. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
7. The station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void where prohibited by law.
8. So long as no participant is adversely affected the station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Contest. Any changes made will become effective once announced on the air.
9. WCKX-FM, Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, WCKX-FM, Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
10. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that WCKX-FM and Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd. have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
11. WCKX-FM and Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd., its subsidiaries, its affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors and promotional partners and other radio stations in the Columbus, OH area will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of WCKX-FM or Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd., its subsidiaries, its general partner(s), its affiliates, and participating sponsors/promotional partners, such as acts of God, strikes, and terrorists acts or criminal acts by third parties. In the event, such an act should occur, WCKX-FM and Blue Chip Broadcasting, Ltd. will make reasonable attempts to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
12. Copies of these contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the offices of WCKX-FM, located at 350 East 1st Avenue, Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43201.