As fashion week continues in venues across New York City, Essence magazine celebrated global Black fashion with their annual Essence Fashion House. More than 150 were in attendance.
Essence created a curated experience for attendees through three separate sessions. Each session featured exclusive designer showcases, intimate industry conversations, and original fashion runway shows. Speakers included singer and media personality Sevyn Streeter, Harlem Fashion Row’s Brandice Daniel, and celebrity stylist Jason Lambert. The 2:30pm session also featured a runway show from Eclecticist from model turned designer Dani O. Other designers included ARC of ANDRE, GRAYSCALE, and LAVNTG.
Social media installation, vendors, beverages, and light bites were also available throughout the day. Coca Cola and Hennessy were sponsors. Portions of the event will be broadcast on Monday, September 13 at 7 PM on Essencestudios.com, but to get your fashion fix now, check out our gallery below and see what attendees were wearing.
#NYFW Street Style: The Bold Prints And Pops Of Color At Essence’s Fashion House was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
1. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
@ysantana3 wearing the perfect pair of tearaway jeans.
2. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
@iamshya_marie mixed streetwear with elegance.
3. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
“Them” actress @shahadi is a Black butterfly.
4. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
Is it the animal print or the chunky sneakers @brittsblessed.
5. Essence Fashion HouseSource:Getty
@lexlugra serving vibes in Hanifa.
6. Essence Fashion HouseSource:(Photo by Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images for Baby2Baby)
@nonedunivan serving in pink and red -two colors we never knew we loved together.
7. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
This lime green on @sostylash paired with a Telfar bag is a match made in fashion heaven.
8. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
You need lavender in your closet like @iamjuicyjohnson.
9. Essence Fashion HouseSource:@ dcfashionblogger
@streetstylehaute in this cropped jacket for the win.