Harlem’s Fashion Row celebrated their 12th year in existence in a major way: a partnership with IMG to open up New York Fashion Week. Brandice Daniels, the founder of Harlem’s Fashion Row, honored Ruth E. Carter, esteemed costume designer, for her work and contributions to the culture. Daniels, known for not just putting on a regular fashion show, fashion and art, with a museum like installation showcasing Carter’s best work throughout the years, reimagined by fashion stylist, Ibrahim Kamara. The room was full of the Black elite, check out our gallery to see who was best dressed!
#NYFWNOIR: Check Out Who Made Our Best Dressed List From Harlem’s Fashion Row was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
1. BRANDICE DANIELSource:Getty
CEO and Founder of Harlem’s Fashion Row, Brandice N. Daniel goes for a gray ensemble.
2. DAPPER DANSource:Getty
Dapper Dan goes sans tie and opts for a gold ascot.
3. CHANEL IMANSource:Getty
Chanel Iman looks beautiful in a pale green.
4. RUTH E. CARTERSource:Getty
Honoree Ruth E. Carter shows up looking bright and ready to be the women of the evening.
5. IBRAHIM KAMARASource:Getty
Loving the patent leather pants.
6. ODELL BECKHAM JR.Source:Getty
Odell gives us some shimmer and shine.
7. CAM NEWTON AND VICTOR CRUZSource:Getty
Fashionable football friends.
8. DANIELLE JAMESSource:Getty
Our very own Danielle James was in attendance serving LBD style.
9. LINDSAY PEOPLES WAGNERSource:Getty
Teen Vogue Editor in Chief Lindsay Peoples Wagner sports denim on denim.
10. AAMITO LAGUMSource:Getty
Ugandan model Aamito Lagum gives us an updated take on denim.
11. SAFFI KARINASource:Getty
Model Saffi Karina looks lovely in lavender.
12. BOZOMA SAINT JOHNSource:Getty
CMO of William Morris Endeavor Bozoma Saint John serves in this bold red jumpsuit.
13. MARQUITA PRINGSource:Getty
Marquita Pring is serving 70s chic.
14. NAOMI MASONSource:Getty
Here for this peplum red moment.
15. ALTON MASONSource:Getty
Coming dapper and correct!
16. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
17. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
A hat is everything.
18. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
19. KHALEA UNDERWOODSource:Hello Beautiful
Beauty Editor of The Zoe Report, Khalea Underwood, shows us how to serve business with a side of style.
20. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
Fashion knows no age!
21. UNDRA CELESTESource:Hello Beautiful
Harlem’s Fashion Row designer Undra Celeste sparkles in this dress.
22. SEAN FRAZIERSource:Hello Beautiful
Sean Frazier wears a Greedilous look to Harlem’s Fashion Row.
23. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
A turban is always a good idea.
24. CLAIRE SULMERSSource:Hello Beautiful
Editor-In-Chief of Fashion Bomb Daily, Claire Sulmers, gives us a tartalan and tulle moment.
25. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
Suited in style.
26. DJ NIKSSource:Hello Beautiful
DJ Niks stops through in this baby blue coat.
27. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful
Upgrade your beret, Wakanda style.
28. HARLEM’S FASHION ROWSource:Hello Beautiful