I rushed home from my four-hour brunch date with my homegirls just to make sure I was front and center for Kerry Washington‘s red carpet debut during the 2013 Emmy Awards. I know that’s kinda vain of me. I really should care more about that fact that she could make history tonight, as she is the first African-American nominee for best actress in a drama since Cicely Tyson in 1995 for “Sweet Justice,” and could take home that golden trophie!
Kerry might have been the last starlet on the red carpet in a blush color gown from the Spring/Summer 2014 Marchesa collection. I was hoping that she would have went for a Olivia Pope inspired look, or maybe even crossed the fashion line with something a little shorter. It would have been nice for her to select one of the nine gowns that I selected for her–maybe my email got lost, oh well.
If this dress was on someone else, I would totally hate it! But since it’s my boo Kerry, she gets a pass.
So tell me what you’re thinking of Kerry’s gown selection!
Although Kerry is my favorite from the night, I have to be fair and report what all the other stars were wearing too. Check out the best and worst dressed from the 2013 Emmy Awards.
Emmy 2013 Red Carpet: The Absolute Best & Worst Dressed
1. The Best & Worst DressedSource: 1 of 21
2. Kerry Washington in MarchesaSource: 2 of 21
3. Rocsi Diaz in Michael Costello & Loren JewelsSource: 3 of 21
4. Sofia Vergara in Vera WangSource: 4 of 21
5. Heidi Klum & Tim GunnSource: 5 of 21
6. Heidi Klum in VersaceSource: 6 of 21
7. Maria MenounosSource: 7 of 21
8. Padma Lakshmi in KAUFMANFRANCOSource: 8 of 21
9. Giuliana Rancic in Tadashi ShojiSource: 9 of 21
10. Shawn RobinsonSource: 10 of 21
11. January Jones in GivenchySource: 11 of 21
12. Mindy Kaling in Jerome C. RousseauSource: 12 of 21
13. Zooey Deschanel in J. Mendel, Chanel and Charlotte OlympiaSource: 13 of 21
14. Taylor Schilling in Thakoon and Stuart WeitzmanSource: 14 of 21
15. LL Cool J and Simone JohnsonSource: 15 of 21
16. Tracy Morgan and Megan WolloverSource: 16 of 21
17. Carrie Underwood in Romona KevezaSource: 17 of 21
18. Kate MaraSource: 18 of 21
19. Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Monique LhuillierSource: 19 of 21
20. Julianne HoughSource: 20 of 21
21. Tina Fey in Narciso RodriguezSource: 21 of 21
FAB OR FUG: Kerry Washington In Marchesa At The Emmys Awards 2013 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com