||It is essential to model, understand and promote Giant Eagle safety processes and requirements according to the Health Department, HACCP, OSHA, along with Giant Eagle’s policies and procedures. With these safe work practices and properly maintained equipment, we will protect Ourselves, our Team Members, Our Customers and our Banner. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner through appearance, language and behavior. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Lead Team Member training and development so the preparation, production and displaying of product shows “passion for food”. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback, identify opportunities for development and coach for success. Understand and exemplify the company¿s Service Standards by utilizing the Service Credos, the 4 Steps to Great Service and the 5 Steps to Great Service Recovery. Recognize and reward Team Members for going the extra mile and delivering great service. Empower and encourage Team Members to take appropriate steps to solve customer concerns to the customer¿s satisfaction. Analyze the Mystery Shop and Customer Satisfaction Scorecard results to identify areas where Team Members can be coached for success and coached for improvement.
- Execute, support and follow business initiatives, monitor adherence to Company policies and procedures and measure results.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering products and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to company policy.
- Effectively delegate meaningful responsibility and decision making authority to the right people, clearly communicate expectations, provide the right amount of direct support and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Communicate Federal, State, County or Local regulations by training Team Members on new and existing laws to ensure compliance.
- Participate in implementing the Company¿s strategic business plan regarding the Meat Business to improve sales and gross profit, recommending ways to take cost out of the business and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the business plan.
- Implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department, while displaying a “Famous for Fresh” presentation.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement when applicable.
- Review and analyze store financial, LOB reports and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with the other departments in the store, in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet the financial objective of the store.
- Participate in meetings and training seminars mutually agreed upon by Store Manager.
- Effectively utilize PCSAM and the help chain to identify Problems, determine root Causes, generate practical and innovative Solutions, take Action and Measure results in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
|Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
|Education and Training Desired
- Bachelors Degree Retail Management, Business Administration or similar
- Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Retail leadership or supervisory experience
- Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role
- Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role
- Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department
- Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Auto Wrapper
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Ice Machine
- Manual Wrapper
- Meat Cuber
- Meat Tumbler
- Pressure Hose
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler