Usher talks about playing the role of Sugar Ray Leonard in the new film “Hands Of Stone,” and Gary asks whether he really was catching punches in the face for the movie. Usher also talks about his new album, “Hard II Love” ( originally called “Flawed”). Its lead single, “No Limit,” is a favorite among fans, and the remix is heating things up even more. He discusses the joy he had in bringing Master P. back for the remix, and how much how admires him for the trail blazer he has been for young entrepreneurs.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Plus, he talks about his other role, as a mentor to Justin Bieber, who he discovered way back in 2008. When asked whether he calls him up and reprimands him for the very public mistakes he’s made throughout his career, Usher says, “we all have our cross to bear.” He says tries to be an active mentor by his actions, not just his words. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview, on the “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Hear more cool conversations on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” right here, and listen live weekdays from 6-10 am E/5-9 am C!
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Jay Z, Beyonce, Usher, & More
1. Gwen Stefani takes her children to church, but if you look closely, one of them didn’t think she was serious about leaving him behind.1 of 9
2. Janelle Monae put on one hell of a show at the 9th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Awards event in NYC.2 of 9
3. Johnny Knoxville gave his son Rocko a ride on his shoulders, while his daughter Arlo held onto his wallet chain through the busy Studio City Farmers Market.3 of 9
4. John Legend is going to get some wings for dinner. Well, maybe not, but Chrissy Teigen did do some grocery shopping in L.A.4 of 9
5. Chiwetel Ejiofor was spotted with his new girlfriend while leaving their hotel in NYC. Isn’t she lovely?5 of 9
6. Usher’s new wife Grace Miguel leaves their hotel to hit up “The Martian” premiere in New York.6 of 9
7. Christina Milian got a cupcake from a photographer for her birthday after going shopping in West Hollywood.7 of 9
8. Usher leaves his NYC hotel with his wife shortly behind.8 of 9
9. Hov was on hand in BK as well.9 of 9
Usher Explains Why He Can’t Reprimand Justin Beiber For His Mistakes [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com