Luke Cage has become one of Marvel’s most anticipated series since their foray into translating their big screen success to the small screen. A great deal of that can be attributed to the passion and unique vision of creator and showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker.
We spoke with Cheo about how it took more than being a comic geek to land his Luke Cage gig, and how his role as a music journalist helped him approach Luke Cage in a new way.
He also gave us some insight on writing the evolution of a hero.
Watch our interview with Cheo above, and be sure to catch Marvel’s Luke Cage, which is streaming now on Netflix.
SEE MORE ON TUD:
Which ‘Luke Cage’ Character Are You?
The Full Trailer For Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’ Is Here, And Sh*t Is Serious
5 Reasons Why Netflix’s Luke Cage Is The Hero We’ve Been Waiting For
Also On Power 107.5:
12 photos Launch gallery
1. #powerfallfest is lit 🔥
1 of 12
2. @liluzivert x @power1075 x #FallFest x #KBFilms 🎞📽
2 of 12
3. The homie @djlukenastyy in the building tonight at #PowerFallFest. I'm DJn his set so we bout to set Columbus on 🔥🔥🔥🔥 #DownWithTheKing
3 of 12
4. 🔥🔥🔥 #powerfallfest
4 of 12
5. lil uzi lit #powerfallfest
5 of 12
6. Backstage at the #PowerFallFest @djbigbink and Vonzail @musiqman81 ..#bigbinkshow
6 of 12
7. @lildonair with her "life sized" LilD sign 💁🏽
7 of 12
8. #AboutLastNight #LilUziVert #RockStarLifeStyleMightDontMakeIt
8 of 12
9 of 12
10. #we LIT!!!!!! #powerfallfest #bigbinkshow
10 of 12
11. Hey Columbus @thedopedixon has you covered on all BTS of Fall Fest on that snap @ "Power1075" 👑
11 of 12
12. #rp @LILDonAIR: "I said "hey @djmrking we should dress alike!" He said "that's corny." Then I see this 🙄 That's my dj doe!! #PowerFallFest
12 of 12