The portrayal of Dr. Dre in Michel’le‘s highly anticipated and controversial film, “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Me,” ignited a lot of conversation about his abusive behavior toward women. While it is common knowledge that some of the men of N.W.A and that era in general were notorious women abusers, not every female artist had the same experience with Dre in the studio.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Eve chimed in about her experience working with Dre when she was signed to his label, and though it can be said that it was a similar experience, it was ultimately very, very different. Click on the audio player to hear more from Headkrack in this exclusive clip of the Hip-Hop Spot.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
All Hail The Queens: Videos By Lady Rappers We Love
1. Queen Latifah – “U.N.I.T.Y.”Source: 1 of 9
2. Bahamadia – “Uknowhowwedu”Source: 2 of 9
3. Eve – “Satisfaction”Source: 3 of 9
4. Missy Elliot & Da Brat – “Sock It 2 Me”Source: 4 of 9
5. Salt-N-Pepa – “Shoop”Source: 5 of 9
6. M.I.A. – “Bad Girls”Source: 6 of 9
7. JJ Fad – “Supersonic”Source: 7 of 9
Eve Recalls Being Pushed By Dr. Dre In A Rewarding Way [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com