For some reason,
was being interviewed on “Nightline” this week, when he was asked for his thoughts on the Lil Wayne movement. His answer, which was somewhat incoherent and sloppily put together, ultimately dismissed the movement on the grounds that since he’s “young, black and rich” in America, his life Black Lives Matter obviously matters.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
What’s obvious to
Jeff Johnson , however, is the need to dismiss the whole interview as nothing worth harping on. But that being said, Lil Wayne should not be let off the hook for his comments. Click on the audio player to hear more in this edition of on ‘3 Things You Should Know’ “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: DJ Khaled Talks About How Lil Wayne Changed His Life [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Toya Wright On How Memphitz Felt About Her Friendship With Lil Wayne [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Lil Wayne Explains His Situation With Cash Money Perfectly On ESPN [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Photos Of Lil Wayne & His Famous Friends
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Trina was one of Wayne’s first celebrity relationships back in 2005. The two remain friends to this day.
1 of 20
2. Friends no more, but Birdman and Lil Wayne were so close at one point, they openly kissed on the mouth.
2 of 20
3. Since discovering Nicki Minaj in 2008, the pair have been loyal comrades.
3 of 20
4. No one on the corner has swagger like Weezy, ‘Ye, Jay and Tip.
4 of 20
5. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have built such a great rapport, they have a joint album together.
5 of 20
6. The self-proclaimed best rapper alive and the greatest current NBA Champion LeBron James have been friends for years.
6 of 20
7. Wayne and Diddy often chop it up about boss talk.
7 of 20
8. Bow Wow and Wayne go back to their “Lil” days.
8 of 20
9. Of course, there’s no Drizzy without Weezy.
9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne is a sports fan and pretty good pals with Stephen A. Smith.
10 of 20
11. Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne both spend a lot of time in Miami; that’s how their relationship has grown.
11 of 20
12. Floyd Mayweather is another famous friend from Wayne’s Miami life.
12 of 20
13. Jesse Jackson a fan of Weezy’s? Who knew.
13 of 20
14. Yeezy and Weezy always show love when they’re around each other.
14 of 20
15. Skateboard Wayne and Adrien Brody are pals.
15 of 20
16. DJ Khaled has worked with Wayne several times, and the two have built a great friendship.
16 of 20
17. Lil Wayne admitted to having a crush on Ciara back in 2006. They both have since moved on, but remain friends.
17 of 20
18. Serena Williams and Lil Wayne can both talk about being the greatest at what they do.
18 of 20
19. Eminem and Lil Wayne have both reached pinnacles in their career that no one else has. What a way to bond.
19 of 20
20. Christina Milian and Lil Wayne were a little more than just friends. But after their split, they remained cordial.
20 of 20
Why Lil Wayne Does NOT Deserve A Pass For His Black Lives Matter Comments [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
was originally published on