Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Last year Colin Kaepernick began his National Anthem protest after multiple incidents of unarmed African-American children, women and men were killed by police officers.
During a preseason game Malcolm Jenkins raised his fist in a silent protest while the National Anthem played.
According to The Root, Jenkins has supported Kaepernick since the beginning and has called the owners that didn’t sign him cowards.
Jenkins said, “As the blowback against those who stand up for what is right thickens, I feel it is necessary to push forward with a relentless determination. I want to send a message that we will not easily be moved or deterred from fighting for justice. There are many players across the league who have joined me in working toward new legislation and reestablishing trust and opportunities in our communities, and you can expect to see much more of that.”
Will other join the movement with Jenkins?
10 Powerful Photos Of Colin Kaepernick Looking Like Black Excellence
1. Stand for something, or fall for anything.Source:Getty 1 of 6
2. Woke bae.Source:Getty 2 of 6
3. Leader of the pack.Source:Getty 3 of 6
4. “It’s better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life.”- Elizabeth KennySource:Getty 4 of 6
5. “It is our duty to fight for our freedom.”- Assata ShakurSource:Getty 5 of 6
6. Dignity, Pride, Roots.Source:Getty 6 of 6
Philadelphia Eagles Safety Malcolm Jenkins Raises Fist In Silent Protest was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com