At the Creative Arts Emmys stars walked down the red carpet looking fabulous.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Fans were excited when photos of rapper Common and political activist Angela Rye made its way around social media. They caused quite a buzz and there are so many reasons why these two should be together.
WOKE AF: This couple is woke! They both are activists and continue to fight for social injustice at a time when it is needed the most. Rye and Common both don’t back down from talking about the ongoing issue of Black women and men being killed by the police as well as racial issues happening around the world.
Young, Black & Successful: Common began rapping at a young age and debuted his first album “Can I Borrow A Dollar” in 1992 at the age of 20. He has continued to not only be a successful rapper winning a Grammy and Emmy, but has even acted in movies.
Family Oriented: Common is a family man, from the beginning of his career his mother Mahalia Ann Hines has been by his side. Then as time progressed his daughter Omoye Assata Lynn was shown next to him at different events.
Angela Rye’s family is one so many would like to join. She consistently posts them on social media dancing, singing and just having an amazing time together. Her parents and siblings support her in any way they can and it’s just an uplifting thing to see.
Neither of them have confirmed or denied the “rumor” but if this is not a real thing Common and Rye please just do it for the culture!
In this Instagram photo she posted Rye seems quite smitten by the rapper.
View this post on Instagram
Super proud of this guy for having a big #EGO, which is not to be confused with a big ego. Here he is giving thanks to the Almighty for his Emmy just like he does for taking every breath, every single day. I'm thankful for his tremendous example of humility, leadership, kindness, and creativity. May we all be inspired to #WORKwoke. ✊🏾💕 #heisSOdope #itsjustthebeginning #TonyhereheCOMES #soblessed Prov. 3:5-6 * (if you haven't heard "Letter to the Free" you're missing out…download post haste)
We are so here for this, how about you?
RELATED: Are Angela Rye & Common Dating?
19 Glorious Common Quotes To Live By
1. “Never looking back or too far in front of me/ The present is a gift and I just want to be.” [“Be (Intro)”]Source: 1 of 16
2. “Everyday women and men become legends.” [“Glory”]Source: 2 of 16
3. “Asked my guy how he thought travellin the world sound/ Found it hard to imagine he hadn’t been past downtown.” [“Respiration”]Source: 3 of 16
4. “Hunger in they eyes is what seems to feed me.” [“The People”]Source: 4 of 16
5. “Nobody believe, until I believe me.” [“The People”]Source: 5 of 16
6. “I watched ‘Crash’ and realize that we all survivors/ No religion or race could ever describe us. [“Forever Begins”]Source: 6 of 16
7. “They say ‘life is a game,’ so I play hard.” [“They Say”]Source: 7 of 16
8. “Playing on a field of hard times/ These struggles like the yard line/ that I gain from/ Nowhere is where I came from.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 8 of 16
9. “By the foes I was told, either focus or fold.” [“The Corner”]Source: 9 of 16
10. “How could I ever let your words affect me?” [“Get Em High”]Source: 10 of 16
11. “It’s the games nature/ When you’re glowin’ some will love and some will hate ya.” [“Real People”]Source: 11 of 16
12. “I’m trapped in myself/ See what happens with wealth/ At times you can lose yourself/ During the sunniest of days many superstars melt.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 12 of 16
13. “In relationships, I stand my ground. For example, I like to go to church on New Year’s Eve—to spend that time with God. My ex would always want me to go somewhere with her instead, and when I did, I’d regret it. Now I’ll just say to a woman I’m dating, ‘I’m going to church—and I’ll meet you right after.’” [Interview, Oprah]Source: 13 of 16
14. “Nobody wants to live in a sad state in their lives and you can create your own dreams and your own happiness if you just work towards it and believe in it and make those choices that lead towards that.” [Interview, Ebony]Source: 14 of 16
Why We Are Here For Common And Angela Rye As A Couple was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com