Chadwick Boseman is in the popular Marvel film “Black Panther” that comes out on February 16th. While filming he would go visit his family in South Carolina. According to Essence, during some of those trips he saw the Ku Klux Klan holding rallies at Walmart.
Boseman said, “When I was shooting Black Panther in Atlanta, I used to drive back on off-days to go see my family in Anderson. It’s about two hours. And I would see the Klan holding rallies in a Walmart car park.” He mentioned, “So it’s like we’re going forwards and backwards at the same time. People don’t want to experience change, they just want to wake up and it’s different. But this — shooting Black Panther and then driving past the Klan —that’s what change feels like.”
Boseman also talked about first hand when he experienced racism in Anderson. He said, “I know what it’s like to be a kid at an ice-cream shop when some little white kid calls you ‘n****r‘, but your parents tell you to calm down because they know it could blow up. We even had trucks try to run us off the road.” “Black Panther” is expected to make close to $150 million during its opening weekend.
- Amanda Seales ‘Public Seales Announcement’ What Makes A Man Of God?
- Amanda Seales Explains Situation With Unruly Audience Member At A Chicago-Area Comedy Club
- Getting To Know: Amanda Seales Talks “Worst Date Ever”
- Amanda Seales Show ‘The Best Date Ever’ | EPISODE 19
- Amanda Seales Show ‘Where’s The Love OGz?’ | Episode 18
- Eddie Murphy & Jonah Hill Star In The Hilarious Teaser Trailer For The Upcoming Kenya Barris Comedy ‘You People’
- Music Executives Kevin ‘Coach K’ Lee & Mel Carter Sign Development Deal With Bojangles
- Michelle Obama Is Giving Fly Girl Style Vibes On Her ‘The Light We Carry’ Book Tour
- If You Went Missing, How Many Americans Would Know Your Story?
- Gabby Sibide Reveals She’s Been Secretly Married For Over a Year